Sunday, October 3, 2010

Looking for pendant dishes

I create pictures digitally. I love doing this. Best job in the world, bar none. But how to turn them into jewelry without spending a ton of money or a ton of time is a challenge. I tried the polymer clay route. With many different versions of transfers. I liked Fimo the best. Well, that is before they changed the recipe. After that, I couldn't get anything to work right. So I moved on.

I tried putting the pictures on wood. Eh.

Then I tried creating my own bezel (pendant dish, pendant blank, some place to put a picture on jewelry) and having it manufactured. It was an interesting process. I was tired of it when I was done. But now I think I have found a good combination. Pretty, fairly lightweight, affordable, and did I mention, pretty. How long I will stick with this type of picture jewelry I do not know. But I really like the product this time, soo.....

No comments: